The Story Continues...

Thursday, October 01, 2009

24 Hours of Prayer for Ruslana

Our angel. We found out today that she will absolutely be transferred to the mental institution in 2 weeks. They cannot hold her any longer. We can't be there by then. Please, for those of you who don't know the process, don't think this is by our choice. I can't handle negative comments right now. We want nothing more than to be holding our girl in our arms right now.

We hope to know more in the next day or so. We may or may not be able to adopt her from the institution. I don't understand and can't wrap my little mind around the "may not". I can't see the reason behind it. I wish and hope some day that I am able to share more specifics about our angel's situation. And she's not the only one affected....ALL orphans need us!

I'm angry tonight. SO ANGRY!! How have we overcome so much only to be faced with this heartbreaking situation??!! I KNOW THIS IS NOT GOD and the feelings we have been feeling today aren't either.
Beginning tomorrow at noon Eastern time, I am asking for prayers for our girl. Oh, how about 24 hours of prayer? From noon tomorrow (Friday, October 2nd) to noon Saturday (October 3rd). Please, paste her face everywhere you can. Send an email to everyone you can. Post something on Facebook. I don't care how we do it- we have to get hundreds....no, thousands praying!! 24 HOURS OF PRAYER FOR RUSLANA.
Pray while in the car, while washing dishes, during devotion, while mowing the grass. PRAY!! God CAN move mountains!!
And pray that the next photo you see of her sweet face will be of her's next to mine.
In Him,
E

43 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying now for your family!

Cathy in Washington State

Jarrod, Sheena & Hunter said...

Elisabeth, I know I have yet to meet you but I have already been encouraged by your greatly! I will be praying for your family! I have also posted your story on my blog and I posted a note of facebook! My heart is aching for you! I pray that your sweet precious gift is brought home to you! God is good!

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Praying that God will move mountains for Ruslana, and for so many other precious children in her country. I will post a blog link on my facebook page.

Jenn

Tara said...

I will be praying.

Tara

Shonni said...

I will be praying, and I am so sorry!!!

Molly said...

No no no no NO! Please Gd do NOT let this happen, let them bring home their little girl. SHE NEEDS THEM! they are so in love with her and SHE DESERVES A HOME! Please.

I'm setting her picture as my phone background. I will pray, and pray and pray. Please G-d. Please.

Julie said...

Praying here... Ruslana has always held a special place in my heart. I pray that they will know you are coming for her and keep her where she is!

Anonymous said...

Elisabeth,

I worried that something must be wrong to not hear form you. I am so sorry to hear this. I wish there was more that we could do. I especially hate that today is Friday and your weekend will be filled with this worry.

We love you,
Markana, Chip and Stella

Anonymous said...

Lots of prayers Ruslana's way. How heartbreaking. Why? Why? Why? I just don't know what to say. Hugs.

Lydia said...

I'm praying for you. If you want to email feel free- we went for Tori and came home with Mira! I can tell you why she "may not" can be adopted from the institution although it will make no sense to your open heart <3
~Lydia lydia@strongsignals.net

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you. My girls just love Ruslana!! We all do! I put a link on facebook and my blog. God bless you!

Kelly said...

PRAYING!

Katia said...

We are praying for your family and Ruslana! She is so beautiful and deserves your wonderful family.

Katia
downsyndromefootprint.org

Holly said...

I am praying and will spread the word. God has good plans for this child and I will cling to them with you.

Traci said...

Absolutely!! I'm adding your link to my blog and to Facebook! Praying and believing ~Traci

Chris and Sarah said...

OK, I have to be honest and tell you that I read your blog in middle of the night and my heart hurt too much for you and even more than that for Ruslana to leave you a comment then.

I am so tired of crying over kids, I'm tired of looking at pictures of kids like Ruslana and seeing the conditions they have to live in. Honestly I'm angry that people don't see how precious these children are.

I am soooo sorry this is happening and I am praying for her and for your family because I can't begin to imagine how hard this is for you.

Thank you for your fight, your courage, your willingness to bring these kiddos home. Thank you for being one that see's Jesus in the eyes of these children!

Praying in Indiana!

MoonDog said...

I will be waiting to see her in your arms. hang in there Mama. this adoption roller coaster is HARD! I have hope that she will still come home. dont you give up hope either. stay strong.

Lu, Poppies Blooming said...

I would read Isaiah 49 beginning in v 17 but here is Isaiah 49v25

But this is what the LORD says: "Yes, captives will be taken from warriors, and plunder retrieved from the fierce; I will contend with those who contend with you, and your children I will save.

We are praying for you and Ruslana and claiming God's own promise to contend for our children...

Blessings,
Lu

Tony and Rett said...

Oh...praying so hard for you here. I mean it. Right now, praying.

Posting your prayer to my blog as well.

orphans4me said...

PRAYING!
Joy

Jules said...

Praying right now!!

MFB247.com said...

Praying and posting for yet more prayer warriors. God loves this little one even more than you do. He will not fail her. May His will be done and His loving arms be wrapped firmly around each one of you.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you in Saskatchewan, Canada.

- Carol & family

Laura a.k.a. Lolly said...

Elisabeth,

I am so sorry to hear this news. But, I know that our God can do all things and that he has his hand on this situation. I will be praying for you all and I have posted your site and prayer request on my blog. I know that you have so many prayers going up on Ruslana's behalf.

Love you all,

Laura

redmaryjanes said...

Prayers are coming from Michigan. I have seen a lot of adoption miracles. Don't lose hope. God is good.

Kimberley

Becky said...

Dear heavenly Father....Ruslana's Father,

Your eye is on the sparrow, how much more your precious child, Ruslana. So, in Your mercy and grace, love and compassion, sovereignty and omnipotency, I cry out to You, the Overcomer and Helper, Victor and King of Kings......to bring Ruslana to her adoptive earthly parents.

By the blood of the Lamb that was slain for Ruslana, I ask that You would break every stronghold and obstacle in making the way clear for Ruslana to get to her loving Mom and Dad.

We praise You and thank You as Ruslana's Advocate, Defender, and ever-present help in time of trouble......we can approach the throne of grace with confidence and stand in the gap to intercede for Ruslana and You hear, You care, and You answer.

For Ruslana's good and Your glory.....may Elisabeth be holding her soon, and very soon.

May it be so, Lord Jesus ~ God of the Angel Armies. It is in Your awesome name that I pray. AMEN and AMEN

El said...

We don't understand what is happening, but you, your family and Ruslana are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for this beautiful little girl! I hope God works his miracle and will place her where she belongs.

Genia (Rider) Standridge

Our Story: Continued said...

E, we are PRAYING!!!

Michelle said...

Will be praying! It doesn't seem right that they can go forward with placing her in an institution when they know she has a waiting family ready to adopt her! Praying that things change and you get to bring her home.

Wife of the Pres. said...

I can't understand why anyone would leave negative comments! I'm so sorry!

I will pray every time I'm reminded. I'm not sure how I found your blog. Linny's maybe?

A friend told me once when the mountains looked to large in our path, God does not work in our 24-hour clock, He works in time eternal.

I thought that would maybe help, knowing that He can and does move mountains, though sometimes it seems so last-minute to our finite minds.

Praying, praying! She is PRECIOUS!!!

Heather said...

My heart is breaking for you right now. Know that I am praying for Ruslana and you and your family(her family) that God will move mountains and you will all be together soon. Don't lose hope, remember all things are possible in Him.

Heather

The Great Adventure said...

Praying for you!! I pray that the Lord will give you peace.

Jennifer said...

Praying for your whole family, the leaders who will make the decision and everybody who has the ability to help Ruslana!

Daveda said...

My heart goes out to you. I am praying. Ephesians 3:20 Amplified comes to mind for you this morning!

Amy said...

Praying with your family for this precious child of God right now! Amy

thedickinsonfamily said...

God CAN move mountains and He can move Ruslana into your arms. We are praying for her and your family!
Dickinson family

Kimmie said...

Praying, believing and asking God to move mountains for Ruslana. I believe He can and I am asking Him to do it for her (and you.) May God's peace be yours, may you know His hand is moving on your behalf... because I know it is!

And my 15 year old, who was adopted from an orphanage in Hungary, prayed...for God's protection for Ruslana, for your love for each other, she prayed for your bonding when Ruslana comes home...just wanted you to know that we ARE praying in faith dear Elisabeth.

(((hug)))
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Elisabeth...although the 24 hours are over, God's perfect plan is NOT and is STILL perfect.
Praying for Ruslana and YOUR family NOW!
Jill

sarah bess said...

Praying here in India It's just plain wrong!

junglemama said...

Elisabeth, I am so sorry. Hope you hear good news. My facilitators have said that it is still possible to adopt from the older institutions that the kids are sent too so I am praying that that will be the case no matter what happens with her placement.

Mandy said...

Hello, I know I have not commented before but our family adopted Alex from Ukraine last October. For months and months we prayed over a picture of our sweet baby boy as we jumped through all the paperwork hoops. At one point I even had the opportunity to go on a mission trip to 3 orphanages prior to our adoption, knowing we would see our little boy.
God had a different plan than the one that I felt was so right in my heart. I didn't find that little boy in that orphanage but before I left that last day, I thought a miracle had happened and found our little boy.
Two weeks before our SDA appt., the right little boy was found lying in a crib next to the boy I had held and had petitioned for.
The first little boy was never mine and God knew it. It ripped my heart out to see him each day as I visited Alex.
So many prayers were sent up and it took me a long time to come to grasp why he was left, even though we tried to get both. Again God has shown his power - a family has stepped forward to adopt him and God willing, will be living just a couple of hours from us :)
I pray with all my heart that you may adopt your little precious girl. Prayers are going up now.
Mandy

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce, I am just reading this. So very sorry. Your faith and prayer will lead you to where you need to go. You will be in our hearts.