The Story Continues...

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy World Down Syndrome Day!!


HAPPY WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY!! Pretty cool that there are 3 copies of the 21st chromosome thus 3/21- March 21st!!


I am working on rewriting our adoption journey to our sweet baby boy and hope to share it soon. I am finding that reliving the days leading up to his arrival make me very emotional. We have been so abundantly blessed by our angel and the fact that he has that extra chromosome makes him even more amazing! We are truly honored to have been chosen to be his family.


I am reading the book "Gifts- Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives" and the first line of the foreword summed my feelings up. It says "Your life will have flashes of color you never knew possible." This was written to a new mother of a baby with Downs not long after his delivery and unexpected diagnosis. Oh, how I wish women who choose to terminate pregnancies after given a Downs diagnosis would hear that. Even in our angel's short life, we have been blessed beyond measure and have already been a witness to many of those colors we never knew existed.


Thank you, Lord, for choosing us!
In Him,
E

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Before Emmie was born the only color I could see in my future was gray. But, how true are those words from the book, because we are wrapped in a rainbow of the most exquisite colors because of Em.

Family Rebuilding the Wall said...

OH HOW I AGREE!!! Our life with Grace has been amazing...even in just the short 7 months since we adopted her. I've found myself saying several times, "Every family needs a child like this!"
AB

Anna said...

I will be glad to be part of the "club" soon! Happy 3/21 to you and your sweet family.