The Story Continues...

Friday, April 02, 2010

But Sunday's coming!!!

3 of my children are better but baby boy is still very sick- either pneumonia or RSV. We've sort of determined that noone ever had H1N1- yay!! Not that pneumonia and RSV are any better, though.



I am SO behind with everything. I realized every night as I fell into bed that I never drew a name for the giveaway, so tonight was the night. So sorry ladies! FINALLY.......the winner is......TRACY McCAIN at A Life Inspired . Congratulations Tracy!! Please email me (nogreatergiftmom@yahoo.com) so I can get your address and send your goodies along.



Many of you have probably seen this already, but I felt lead to share it here. The music is dark and freaks me out a bit, but that's part of it. The reality. The story. It wasn't warm and fuzzy. Christ suffered. Such suffering that it's hard for me to even begin to wrap my mind around it. I remember the night that hubby and I saw The Passion. Tear streaked faces, very slowly and somberly walking to our car. Silence. We entered a restaurant to eat and didn't speak a word. Tears continued. Silence. Barely touching our food. Very few words spoken until hours later.

I've heard the crucifixion story for as long as I can remember. Yeah, Jesus died on the cross. Yeah, he wore a crown of thorns and had nails hammered through His hands. Yeah, he rose. Ashamedly, it took me seeing The Passion to realized just how horrific it was. Even today the images don't escape me.

All I can say is- WHAT A BLESSED SAVIOR!! I WILL ALWAYS PRAISE YOUR NAME!!



In Him,
E

1 comment:

Runningmama said...

Just found your blog through another that I read. My daughter Emily also has DS. Love this post, the thought of all the suffering HE did for me is so overwhelming to me...What a wonderful Savior!

http://livinglifewithes.blogspot.com