The Story Continues...

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!!

My birthday was a little over a week ago and my family made me feel so special!!

The first surprise of the day was when 4 of my kiddos (our oldest was at work:( ) walked in with hand/foot prints they had designed.  

Just look how proud this little guy is!!


And since it was MY birthday and I LOVE dessert (as in I would eat it alone for every meal, every day:), we started dinner at our local frozen yogurt location.

No yogurt for him (remember, he's dairy free), but he loved his sorbet!

I had to share this photo because I wanted you to notice 2 things about the card I am holding.  On the left, you will see Celia's footprint.  Notice the space between her big toe and second toe?  And on the right, you will see Charlie's handprint.  Notice his pinky?  How curved it is?  What a PERFECT card!!  I love how God blessed my two treasures with these unique features.  It still amazes me how that extra chromosome can effect so many parts of them.




And no, our second stop was not dinner....real dinner.  We went straight from our yogurt stop to the pool.  On the way, we did grab sandwiches from a deli to eat at our leisure during the evening.  




I cannot think of a more perfect way to celebrate my birthday.  I was surrounded by my blessings and had dessert first!!  Thank you, Jesus!:)
In Him,
E

4 comments:

The Miles Family said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend! May the Lord continue to bless you and your precious family!

Christina said...

My BEST wishes to your BIRTHDAY, dear Elisabeth!! May the LORD be your JOY and your STRENGTH on each new day and may HE bless YOU and and YOUR FAMILY abundantly!!

Christina said...

My BEST wishes to your BIRTHDAY, dear Elisabeth!! May the LORD be your JOY and your STRENGTH on each new day and may HE bless YOU and and YOUR FAMILY abundantly!!

anniversary flowers said...

It's a awesome post.