The Story Continues...

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Proof of God's Provisions


I'm not sure whether it's my lack of faith or something different, but I am always amazed when the Lord provides so obviously.  I don't know why.  We have stories upon stories of His provisions throughout the years.  Even the small desires and luxuries of my heart.  

We have been searching and praying for a new mini crib for Kate.  Before we brought her home, a dear friend of mine gave us a mini crib.  We have been using it for Celia, so we found Kate now needed one.  I had never even heard of a mini crib before my friend gave us her daughter's, but they look like full size cribs only on a smaller scale.  Evidently, they are hard to find used in our area.:)

The 3 littles share a room.  A small room, but a room plenty big for the 3 of them since all they do in there is sleep. All toys are in the Big Room.  Let me say here that I have moved past the "every tiny detail in their room must make a decorator happy."  Charlie's crib is light wood in color.  Celia's mini crib is white.  I really didn't want a crib that was a different color than light wood or white.  White was my preference because the girls were going to be side by side.  So a white mini crib was what I prayed for.  I didn't care if it was the same style.  I just hoped that it would be white.  

I had been searching on Craigslist for over a month without being able to find one until a couple of weeks ago.  And......it was the exact style of Celia's!  And.......it was white!  And......it was in our city!  The owners were only asking $100 for the crib, new mattress, 7 crib sheets, a mobile and dust ruffle.  I would be happy with the crib for $100- everything else would be a bonus.  I emailed the owner with no response for 7 days.  On the 7th day, she emailed me to tell me the previous buyer had backed out.  Woohoo!!  Now, mind you, this was smack dab in the midst of Celia being VERY sick.  I asked hubby to go look at the crib and make a decision without me.  I trust him.  

About an hour and 1/2 later, he was back home with a new crib in the back.  He began to tell me about the sweet couple who sold him the crib.  Somehow, the topic of adoption came up.  They asked many questions about our family and adoption while loading the crib.  While hubby finished getting everything situated, the couple walked back to their garage.  A few moments later they returned with $50.  They wanted us to have it.  They had been touched by our story and wanted to be a part of it....God's story!!  So, not only did the Lord provide the exact crib (and mattress and all the extras!) I had hoped for for Kate, but He did so for $50.  And we were able to share His story of miracles, adoption, faithfulness and love!!

A picture of my girls' cribs.  I am waiting on Kate's bumper pad to arrive before we move her.



The second story I want to share actually began a couple of weeks ago.  Hubby, the littles and I had stepped out of the church service after worship to watch the message on the big screen in the atrium (and allow the other worshippers to listen in peace:).  It's not unusual for passersby to stop when they see our monster stroller full of super cute kiddos.  On this Sunday, a sweet lady stopped to ask if we needed diapers.  What?!!  YES!!!  She asked about our family and said she volunteers every other week so would bring some diapers in a couple of weeks.  We were so blessed to find these waiting for us when we made our way to our usual spot last week.  She did stop by to visit for a few moments during the service, and I was able to hug her neck.

Now, we don't go to a small church.  No.  Our church is big...as in Andy Stanley is our pastor big, so we don't know too many people there.  For someone to not only notice us but to take time to speak to us, show interest in our family and then to provide a very real need....it's the love of Christ!

We are SO grateful for all the Lord provides!! Truly the body of Christ at work!!


In Him,
E

1 comment:

Anna said...

God is faithful! I don't know why it continues to surprise me. I love this! Xxoo