My heart is broken today. I have prayed for over a year now for this sweet angel- for God to lead her family to her. About 2 months ago a family committed to her and began the adoption process. I cannot tell you the joy I felt that day! Today I found out that they are unable to continue with her adoption. My heart breaks for her. Her 4th birthday is in just 2 weeks which is nothing to celebrate in Eastern Europe. Most children with special needs are sent to an institution when they turn 4. Most don't make it to see their 10th birthday due to lack of medical care, nutrition and LOVE!! She is facing institutionalization very soon- only because she has Down Syndrome and will be 4 years old at the end of January!!
Please pray for Ruslana. Pray that her forever family will soon find her. Also, pray for the family who is unable to adopt her at this time. I have no doubt they are hurting and trying to deal with their loss today.
If you are interest in donating to Ruslana's grant fund, please see the Chipin in the right column. Every dollar is tax deductible and may make a difference in whether a family will committ to her or not. Her grant is already over $5300 but every penny counts- international adoption is expensive!
Check out Reece's Rainbow to find out more about orphans with Downs and how you can help.
In Him,
E
No comments:
Post a Comment