The Story Continues...

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ten Things That Make Me Happy and a GIVEAWAY!!

Thanks to the inspiration from Courtney, I've decided to share Ten Things That Make Me Happy. I think it's such a wonderful idea!! Too many times I take the small things and those closest to me for granted. And those are the very things I treasure most.



I believe it's so very important for each of us to not let the best moments of our lives- the best moments of our family's lives- pass us by. By just taking a few minutes to think about what's important to me, I have realized that none of my "things" are complex. Each of them are very simple but ones I treasure.



So, here's the deal- In order for your name to be entered into the giveaway (prizes at bottom of this post), you must make your own "Ten Things That Make Me Happy" list. Then, head back here and leave me a comment to let me know you have a "Ten Things" list (so I can enjoy it, too). We all love learning more about each other, and I think we can gain insight and grow from each other's lists.

The winner will be chosen at 8 o'clock Friday night, so leave me a comment before then.





My "Ten Things That Make Me Happy"-


1. The smirk on my hubby's face as he walks in the door every evening. I love it- it cracks me up, and I can't help but hug him every time.


2. Baby feet- I must kiss them a hundred times a day.


3. Walking around in the pasture with my kiddos. Most of the pictures on this blog of our girls and baby boy are taken in our pasture.



4. My prayer shawl- a surprise gift knitted by my aunt. I received this over a month ago and it is worn by someone in our house every day.



5. Dancing on the High School Musical Dance mat with my girls. Hilarious!!



6. Lip Medex. It's an addiction- one that I can't explain.



7. The smell of freshly cut grass....and rain.



8. Strawberry picking with some of my favorite people, then heading over to our favorite water spot to picnic and get wet. Many times our gallons of strawberries are gone within 3 days.



9. Hearing my children speak The Truth and seeing each of them becoming stronger (and LOUDER!) in her faith.




10. Love notes.




11 (I know I said 10). Spending time with my Grandpa (Big Papa to our kids) on "The Hill". He is so wise and a treasure to all who are blessed to meet him.





1. A journal (I use mine as my prayer journal)

2. Wondrous gardenia bath salts and handmade soap from a sweet friend of mine

3. Honey lip balm from a local bee farmer

4. A beautiful flower soap dish and "HOPE" tile made by my favorite red head (our oldest

In Him,
E

10 comments:

MoonDog said...

I posted ten things that make me happy. also ten things about me in general that I have been meaning to post. http://enbergadventures.blogspot.com/

Holly said...

Hey E-
The link to Shaping Lives Pottery doesn't work. Does M still have her Etsy shop open?!!?

Family Rebuilding the Wall said...

I posted mine on my blog too. :) Neat idea.
AB

Chris and Sarah said...

I did it and I loved doing it. Thank you so much for encouraging us to do this!

http://arewethereyetla5.blogspot.com/2010/03/ten-things-that-make-me-happy.html

Holly said...

Well E, I am slow and a bit stubborn and often prideful and thickheaded but I did it!
I wrote my post and I have to thank you for the idea!
We have so. much. to be thankful for and to experience happiness over!
If by some chance I win this giveaway, please email me as I know just where it should go!
Blessings,
Holly
www.purposedrivenfamily.blogspot.com

Ethiopiana said...

I created my own "10 things" post! I love your blog, Lisa

Tracy McCain said...

I'll play too! I posted mine...

http://tracylmccain.blogspot.com/2010/03/10-things-that-make-me-happy.html

Tracy McCain said...

Ok I'll play too! I posted mine!
What a great idea!
http://tracylmccain.blogspot.com/2010/03/10-things-that-make-me-happy.html

(ps, sorry if this comment appears twice!)

Heather Keno said...

Thanks for encouraging me to think of the things that make me happy and in return thanking God for how good he is to me.

Anna said...

Missed it.... dont know how. Maybe next time. E-mail me if M can be hired for a soap dish and a necklace or two or three.