Recently, someone very, very dear to me sent me a note (THANK YOU!! You know who you are! )- a note God knew I needed. Inside, she included a devotion torn out of an Upper Room (did you realize it was dated May 18th? Our anniversary!). The part she highlighted was this- "If we are in a hurry we can miss such moments, even fail to recognize them while we're busy looking for something else. On the other hand, if we slow down we can notice these things, savor them, and praise God with thanksgiving." And the thought for the day at the bottom of the page was this- "Instead of rushing through our days thinking only of the destination, why not enjoy the journey with God?" Enjoy the journey with God!! Amen!!
Again, my eyes were opened. I am so blessed. God is using me, and I trust that He will continue. I believe with every part of me that more children are to come. Special needs? Maybe. We are certainly open to any child regardless of need or color IF GOD places that child in our lives. God is color blind and wants each and every child in a family. Period. On the other hand, I guess as much as I believe more children are to come, maybe I'm wrong. That is what's in my heart of hearts but maybe it's not so. My deepest prayer is that I am able to be open and hear God's words for me.
I believe with God there's always more. He's never finished and requires us to keep moving in HIS name until the very end.

Haiti's got me. We speak of Haiti daily in our home. The despair. The devastation. The orphans. The hundreds of thousands and maybe even over a million orphans! In tiny, little Haiti! It honestly makes me want to throw up! I cannot even imagine. But is "speaking of Haiti" enough? Last night I watched a short documentary from a rescue group that recently returned from a trip to Haiti. I went to bed in tears.
And Jesus said..... "This is my command: Love each other." John 15:17
I love this blog. I love that I can come here and write what I want, straight from my heart. Many times I have contemplated hanging it up and only writing in the prayer journal I keep by my bed. Sometimes it would be so much easier. But I think that that's when Satan would win. I would be one less person talking about our God.
I love looking back at my faith journey and seeing how I've taken 5 steps forward only to turn around and take 3 steps back. I love the friends I've made and sad for the ones I've lost because of our differing opinions. But through it all, I have grown and changed in His name.
My prayer tonight is that each of us can be open. Open to His word. Open to His call. And know that His call is absolutely NOT always something we have in mind for ourselves. Many, many, many times it's the very thing that scares us the most. We don't get to pick and choose. It's not "Oh, this sounds like fun, oh, but that might make me a bit uncomfortable." Or "People may judge me or think I'm crazy if I do that, sorry God." And I'm not pointing fingers because I know I'm guilty of sheepishly turning the other way when God has asked me to step out of my comfort zone.
Complete surrender. For our "yes" is on the altar.
Yesterday, I mistakenly posted this quote while really meaning to save it for later. It's taken from one of my very favorite blogs and written by a woman who knows what it means to completely surrender. You can visit her blog by clicking her name at the end of the quote.
In Him,
E
"We decided a long time ago to always be open to what the Lord had for us. We decided long ago that our lives were not our own and that we would use the days we were given to open our home to children who needed one of their own. We decided a long time ago to quit limiting God with our time frame. We decided a long time ago to step out of the boat no matter what the cost. We decided a long time ago to say," Yes Lord." " ~Amy
2 comments:
Sounds like another blessing is coming :) :)
Good to hear from you! Still praying and Waiting! Gods opinion is the one that matters!!!
Post a Comment