The Story Continues...

Monday, May 24, 2010

Home sweet home!!

This isn't a photo from last week, but a photo from our ride home.....from the hospital!!


Can you believe that just a few days ago our sweet angel was just being taken from mommy's arms for a major, life saving surgery?! And today......WE'RE HOME!!

The doctors, nurses and entire staff at Egleston were blown away at how quickly Charlie bounced back. Sunday, the only tube he had left was an IV in his foot. The nurses are quite efficient- look at how they protected his foot (from himself!:). He has a board under the diaper keeping his foot still.
Before even thinking about discharging C, they did more testing- bloodwork, x-ray and echo. And each test came back with flying colors. His oxygen saturation levels were in the high 90s (95-99) continuously since being transferred to the Cardiac Stepdown Unit. He was eating well, wetting well and playing. Since the hospital is not a place you really want to be because of all the germs, the doctors really wanted to get him home. So...home we went.
The diaper on his foot- this absolutely cracked me up every time I looked at it.


SO happy to be home playing.

I will update later this evening. Charlie is sleeping and I am exhausted, but there's much to do. I will never be able to thank each of you enough for the support and prayers that lifted us up during this very scarey time. God truly sent many, many prayer warriors to us and healed our angel!

In Him,

E

28 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am completely speechless!
God's hand was definitely on Charlie through this. I've never seen a baby go through anything like this so, dare I say... effortlessly!

He looks great!
God Bless!

THE CAMPBELL FAMILY said...

Oh my !!
I was getting worried, with no post. How awesome God is!!! Charlie looks great!!!
You go Charlie!!!

Hugs~ Jody ~
The Campbell Family

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweet boy! So glad that you are home! What a strong little man you are.

We love you,
Uncle Pish, Auntie M and Stella

Erin said...

So glad everything went well and that he is doing fantastic!

The Mac's House said...

Wow, you're home? How great is that feeling!

So incredibly happy for you guys that all went well and you're home.

Watching Chrissie's funeral yesterday really puts life into perspective for a person. Makes me appreciate all there is in life even those times when you stand there wanting to pull your hair out.

What awesome news that sweet Charlie is back home being loved on by his family.

Way to go Charlie!

Runningmama said...

I can't believe how fast he has recovered! He looks sooo good! So glad he is home.

Unknown said...

I can't believe that he is home already!!! YAY!!! I am so happy that things went so well! I left some cards for you on your porch table. I figured you could read them to Charlie. :)
Tara

El said...

WOW - amazing news! Cheering Charlie on, Ellie and The Throops

Angie said...

No way! Way to go, Charlie!! You made this look like a cake-walk, sweetie!

Adrienne said...

God is so good! So happy that sweet boy is home!!!

Sara said...

Praise God!

Christina said...

I almost can not believe this!
You are already HOME with your little sweet boy?? After open heartsurgery four days ago? I just can say: Hallelujah!! and I do THANK GOD again and again for what He did for Charlie, for your family!
Be blessed Christina

Sean and Lisa said...

Home?! How AWESOME is our God?! Amazing that he is home already but so glad he is!
He is such a cutie pie!!
Please give him some lovin' from us!
Much love!
Lisa

Shannon said...

Oh praise God!!!!! Charlie flew through with flying colors!!!! Oh, I love the idea of you guys cuddled up and recovering at home! Praying for deep sleep and rest for you all. SO thrilled for you!!!!
Shannon

Resa said...

When Mallory told me Charlie is already home from surgery, I was amazed! I just read the blog and it sounds like he's doing great! He is just precious and we will continue to pray for him! :)
Love,
Resa, Seth, and Adelyn

Claudette said...

I too was concerned as there had been no post since Sat. But I should have known that Charile was just busy being God's little miracle man! How wonderful that he is back at home.

Family Rebuilding the Wall said...

I'm thrilled! He looks great. God is indeed good. Get some rest, sweet E.
AB

Melissa Mills said...

WOW! That is awesome! God does miracles! I am so happy that you all are home and pray for Charlie to have a speedy recovery. wonderful NEWS! hogs, Love and Prayers!

Holly said...

AMAZING!! Only God!
He is the most adorable little boy ever. He is changing hearts Elisabeth. Thanks for sharing him with me through your blog:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Tears!! Yeah God!! Yeah Charlie!!! Get rest sweet family...Love Hugs and Prayers

Beth said...

Welcome home Charlie! What a strong little guy you are! Excellent job!

Anna said...

WHEW! Huge sigh of relief! so thrilled. I still need your address dear fiend. Hopefully before we FLY! {hugs}

Anonymous said...

We're so glad to hear that charlie is doing well!


The Carters

Burkulater said...

Wow...amazing! God IS good!

Vonda said...

Look at him!!! You'd never know he had surgery!!! And look at those toes, I could just gobble them up. You guys are so blessed to have him and he is so blessed to have you!! Glad that is all over and his little heart is perfect just like he is!!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

love te pics :) so sweet :)

ginaology said...

Amazing!! Absolutely amazing!! I hope I can learn to be as brave & cheerful as Charlie.
Blessings to you all, Gina

Vonda said...

With every new picture he just seems to get cuter and cuter....if that's possible. I LOVE the second picture. He looks like a little baby doll with those precious big eyes and those chubby cheeks. Please gobble him up because my mouth is watering.....I want to SO bad!!!!