
Geez! I know that my blog has been focused on Charlie and his surgery these past couple of weeks, but I do have 3 other children!! These girls truly are the light of my life (in addition to 2 handsome guys who reside here!). And I feel as I've been given quite the mix- a take-charge redhead, a nutty beyond belief middle and a quiet little.

Our girls have had to deal with the many emotions of domestic adoption, failed international adoption and open heart surgery right along with us and have SHINED through it all!! And all those things happened in less than one year. That's not to say that they haven't wept and haven't been scared, but each of them have sought refuge in HIM and He has seen us through. Each time we get back to some sort of "normal" (whatever that may be!), we move on to the next adventure that the Lord has set before us.
And what truly moves me to tears is that they get it. They get that God has a plan for each of us. They get that we need to lay our own desires aside and do those things that are quite uncomfortable many times. They get special needs and know that it's WAY cool to have a brother with Down Syndrome. And you know what else they get and are excited about? The fact that one day they may be able to share us with even more littles with special needs.

It's not always fun to have to share Mom and Dad, and I'm sure that sometimes it even stinks. But my girls amaze me at how gracious they are when they see someone else's need. They are already becoming great advocates for people with special needs.
Each one of them says that they will adopt one day- I know God is smiling at that one!! Imagine, that fewer children in need of homes!! And to know that my girls will have a part in sharing God's love with those angels! Awesome.

And no, they are NOT angels and get me fired up often enough! Then I look at faces like these, and I forget about it all (most of the time:).
In Him,
E
5 comments:
Sounds like you have three beautiful arrows, getting ready to be launched into the world for The Mission! Can you tell I just finished the book, One Million Arrows?? My oldest son has also said that he plans to adopt children with special needs. It's amazing how God can work through our children!
Beautiful!!!!
E you are SO BLESSED!!!!!
Much Love!
lisa
Three beautiful girls....I love the one of the three of them. WOW - stunning. I hope they impact our world in AMAZING ways!!!
What precious girls :)
So nice to "meet" your Big Girls. They look like a fun bunch!
They remind me of my 3 Biggest Girls, who are all young adults and love the Lord with a passion. God is doing amazing things in them and through them, as I'm sure He will in and through your girls, as well.
Laurel :)
Post a Comment