Now I must say that our kids need NOTHING! Our youngest has been wishing for gymnastic lessons/classes for several months now, so she is getting those (those were not included in the $7.60 total). I printed up a cute little gymnastics birthday card telling her about her classes, Daddy colored it and viola! The perfect gift! I highly encourage you to look into lessons or classes for your children instead of material gifts. Brainstorm and figure out something they love to do then go look for someone to teach it to them if you can't- I tell you, it's a wonderful gift. Me? Gymnastics? Many, many years ago!!
Now for what she received totaling $7.60-
She is completely in love with all things girlie. I found this flower girl dress at a local thrift store for $1!! The picture is terrible, but it is a pale purple with flowers around the waist, tulle around the entire bottom half and ties in the back. A little girl's dream! It is super twirly!

And yes, she will probably be wearing these while wearing the dress. These "heelys" came from Goodwill and cost me $2.60. They are literally brand new but absolutely made for a boy- notice no sparkle or pink. And I don't like the whole "skater" look. So, we decided to make some pompoms to tie to the laces. Perfect!! Let me also add that of the total 54 hours she has owned them minus 22-24 hours of sleep, she has worn them around about 29 1/2 hours!! They were a hit and "just what she's always wanted!". Hope they have our room ready at the local Children's Hospital my kids share with my sister's kids!

She also got a nativity scene to hang on her wall (I forgot to take a picture). This girl is in love with nativity sets, scenes, you name it so every year she receives one on her birthday. This year I bought it a Hobby Lobby during the after Christmas (but before our new year challenge) sale for about $4.
It can be done. Get creative, shop around. My girls love thrift stores and yard sales and you'd be amazed at all the wonderful finds!
In Him,
E
1 comment:
U amaze me sister!
Post a Comment