in one of the following pictures.
What a day!! Today we celebrated our youngest's birthday. She is now 8 (or 6 like Mimi likes to tell her!). I can't believe it has already been 8 years since I gave birth to that sweet girl. I remember that day like it was yesterday and I'm terribly sad to see time flying by so quickly.
She has been a true blessing to us all. She is the girl that my poor husband has tried to make into a boy from day one. And I will say, she takes it in stride- while wearing a princess dress, of course. She likes camo, loves to shoot her cap gun and play her Daddy's dirt bike game on the Playstation. But, she is my snuggle bug, too. Last night toward the end of the Super Bowl she climbed up on my lap and fell asleep. I couldn't believe how long she was- she doesn't fit on my lap anymore!
We see our little one's heart turning more and more to our God's. She is a pray-er. I see her praying silently over every meal no matter who is around and regardless of whether we have a sit down meal together (in which we have a blessing before eating) or she's eating a quick lunch on the run. She's not afraid to pray out loud and is always the first one to volunteer if a prayer needs to be said.
I thank God today for our girl. She has brought that needed spunk to our home! I pray blessings upon her this day- that God will lead her into a life of servanthood to her family and all people. I pray she grows into a strong, God-loving woman.
My 3 favorite girls and myself
Birthday girl in the arcadeWe spent a wonderful day celebrating her life. After the traditional birthday breakfast of sausage balls and strawberries (who knows how that got started?!), the girls had their homeschool enrichment classes. When they were over, we met my sister and her boys at the bowling alley. After a game of bowling my Mom joined us and we spent some time in the arcade (which my kids have never been able to do because I am so cheap- what a treat that was!!). After playing games, we headed over to our local Dairy Queen for dinner and icecream with my sister, the boys and my parents (Mimi and Papa). Birthday girl requested a Blizzard instead of a cake this year but was very afraid of what the 8 blazing candles stuck in her Blizzard may do to the icecream. All turned out okay.

Celebrating at Dairy Queen with our dear family.HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY LITTLE ONE! WHAT A GREAT DAY IT WAS!!
In Him,
E

2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sweetie! EXACTLY why I love home schooling :)
AMEN!! I can't imagine our lives any other way!
Post a Comment