The Story Continues...

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Warm days and cute toes!

First, HUGE prayers being said for my friend, Lyndi, tonight. Her family's USCIS application was approved at 1:30 yesterday!!! That is the last piece they need for their dossier!! A dossier is what is sent overseas to adoption officials in a foreign country. It includes every important document that families work tirelessly to get and must have before approval. YAY!! Patrick, your Mom and Dad are on their way!! Hopefully, Lyndi and her husband will be traveling soon to get their sweet little guy with designer genes! Please, join me in praying him home.
Okay, some of you definitely have me beat in the "meanest Mom" department.:) No, I love all your stories- thanks for giving me some wonderful ideas!!





What else do you do on a day with some down time and 3 cute girls! We found this book today at our local library book sale. Since we volunteered for several hours we were allowed to each take home 5 books. This is one my youngest picked out, and I'm sure glad she did. Super fun! When I pulled out the camera my youngest said, "You know she's going to put these on her blog!" That's probably why my girls plus another teenage friend would not (under any circumstances!!) let me take pictures of them at Ben and Jerry's Tuesday. Not sure what the big deal was?! Oh, did any of you join in the madness? Free cones all day Tuesday! Of course, we drove 20 miles for the free ice cream (anyone see the irony in that), but it was Ben and Jerry's! The girls were even allowed to go back through the line for a 2nd cone. And we did read the small print- "One cone, per customer, per trip through line." Yummy!




Our evening sky tonight- a storm is a brewin'.


Have a blessed night!


In Him,


E


3 comments:

Catherine Anne said...

What a cute post!

Unknown said...

Love the toes! Ben and Jerry's...I'd be in BIG TROUBLE! Hugs friend!
Jen

Debbie said...

You drove all the way down to Windward? You are a better girl than me. I wanted to, but I just couldn't get motivated!

Didn't you LOVE the sunset last night? Amazing.

Hey, where did you volunteer? At Hwy. 9 or Sharon Springs? I didn't know they were having a sale! Missed it!