The Story Continues...

Monday, July 13, 2009

Neglectful Blogger (and other important stuff)

I'm sorry. I have been a neglectful blogger. BUT I have reasons. Let's start with last week....

We hosted another successful yard sale! We raised $1845 plus a hole bunch of change that I haven't bothered to count yet! AMAZING!! I cannot say "thank you" enough for each and every person who donated items and those who shopped at the sale. It was H-O-T, but we made it.



At the end of the sale Saturday, I began having that feeling. You know the one (well, I know the one). I knew a migraine was coming on. Stress, busyness and lack of hydration were the culprits. So, we headed to good 'ole Rite Aid pharmacy to refill my prescription. And guess what? They were closed!! Yes, it was 10 minutes after 7PM and they were closed!! Now, those of you who suffer from migraines know the despair I was feeling.



By this point, I was beginning to really suffer. I called my Mom because I had no access to a phone book or the internet and asked her to find a pharmacy that was still open. After several minutes, she called me back. We headed north to a pharmacy about 15 minutes away. I ran (or ran like any person suffering from a migraine can:) inside and straight back to the pharmacy counter. After explaining that my pharmacy was closed (I had my prescription box in my hand), they told me that there was nothing they could do without speaking directly to my pharmacist!! What?!! "You have no idea how I'm feeling at this moment!!" were the words that shouted in my aching brain! So, off to home I went and directly to bed. Where I stayed until about 2 PM yesterday. (Amazing Hubby was able to fill my prescription after church). It's astounding what that stuff will do!

Migraines wipe me out, so the past 2 days have been low days. I have had some lingering "almost" migraines come back but think I'm now in the clear.

I have some important posts in the works- one specifically about affording adoption, so stay tuned. You WILL be amazed!

And don't forget to pick up the cute newest button in my sidebar. Hailee is the soon-to-be daughter of a dear friend of mine. She is also BLESSED with Down Syndrome and living in Eastern Europe. The Salem family needs to raise funds quickly so that they may get to Hailee before it's too late. She is 4 years old and only weighs 15 pounds.

Praying each of you has a blessed night! Now, off to bed before that migraine comes back.
In Him,
E

2 comments:

Adeye said...

Been wondering where you were. Yayeee, that is such a wonderful amount from your yard sale. I am rejoicing with you, friend. Hope you're feeling better.

Love and hugs
A

Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling better! Yay for exciting posts coming up and YAY for your rockin' yard sale!