Read my post then read our friend's story at the bottom of the post. Please, help if you feel lead.
What do hairbows, pendants and a giveaway all have in common? My blog, of course!! This week (beginning today and ending Saturday) I'll be hosting another giveaway. You can be entered into the giveaway one of two ways-
2. We have pendants and hairbows. Boy, do we have pendants and hairbows!! Each hairbow (set of clips, ponytail rubberband or headband) is $5. Pendants are also $5 each. So, buy 2 of something in any combination and receive an entry. Our oldest sewed her little fingers off creating each hairbow, and we all (well, girls...not hubby) created and painted each pendant. Each pendant has a heart on the back to remind the wearer of God's love for us and our love for Ruslana (and now new baby boy).
This camera is brand new and still in the box. It is a Kodak Easyshare V1003. Learn more about it here.
OR
This is a Samsung Blackjack II. The photo above is of the exact phone. The specs are as follows-*Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 standard
*3G UMTS/HSDPA, GPRS/EDGE
*Video Share Capable
*AT&T Mobile Music and Video
*Email & Instant Messaging
*Bluetooth Wireless connectivity
*2.0 megapixel integrated camera
*Intergrated GPS
We are still hosting the giveaway with 100% of all monies raised going directly to our friends. Please, spread the word. Post this on your own blogs, email friends, write it about it on Facebook or wherever you hang out. This family needs us and needs to be reminded of God's love. We have the power to show them that now.
The family's story-
Our friends have 6 children- ages 19 down to 8. Through a series of events and the economy they have been struggling. They are a strong Christian, homeschooling family, but last year Mom had to get a job. She works driving a bus for a local school system so that she is able to be home during the day to school her children. So at the crack of dawn (4am ish) she rises. She returns home midmorning only to turn around and head back out in the afternoon. When she returns home for the second time, she makes dinner, spends a few moments with her family before heading to bed only to repeat the same thing the next day.
A few weeks ago Dad had a seizure. A serious seizure- an ambulance had to be called. He was hospitalized for a couple days- nothing was found to be wrong. He is now on seizure medication which sometimes causes depression. In order to counteract the depression side effect, he is on an antidepressant. He cannot drive....for 6 months. He works over an hour from home, so the oldest boys or Mom are having to take him to a bus stop daily.
Last week, one of the boys walked downstairs only to find himself standing in water. The water heater had broken. I'm not sure exactly what happened but they can no longer take showers or baths. Only the sinks work. Many of their belongings are ruined.
Today, something happened to one of the breakers in their garage. Two freezers full of food were lost. Over $800 worth of groceries- gone!! A family of 8....struggling. What's next?!!
The 2 oldest boys were suppose to be enrolled in Liberty Academy online this year so they could continue their high school educations from home through a Christian school. This would have allowed Mom to focus on the younger children and her load would have been lifted a bit. There's
Two different things were laid on my heart tonight as I prayed for this family- Psalm 38:21-22 and the Footprints poem.
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."
Mary Stevenson
So, if you are feeling lead to help this family, please just click on the "Chip In" below. Let's allow Christ to work through us.
In Him,
E
No comments:
Post a Comment