That's right. You are about to learn all types of things from this sweet 8 year old. I must first tell you that you have to learn to let go. Throw all fashion "rules" you know out the window because none of them matter.
Fashion rule #1-
Your clothing matches if each piece has ONE similar color in it.
And yes, each piece has a tad bit of pink in it.Fashion rule #2-
You may wear as many pieces of clothing as you want regardless of the temps outside.

Fashion rule #3-
ANYTHING goes when it comes to accessories. And yes, that is a sheet around her shoulders.

Fashion rule #4-
As long as it's comfy, wear it to bed. And this is what she is wearing as I type this.
Fashion rule #5-
Leotards work for all day wear in any type of weather.

Fashion rule #6-
Shoes are so overrated!

Notice no shoes running at a track meet- and she won!!

Flip flops with a fleece jacket- it was pretty cold that day!
Hope you learned some valuable fashion lessons today. The one thing I've learned during my many years of mothering is that I honestly don't care if my girls match or are wearing something absolutely crazy. All I care about is that they are covered (and they MUST be covered and modest) and are happy about their choices!
One last rule for you- wear a wig, obviously it will make you feel better.
This is my middle in all her glory!
In Him,
E

4 comments:
I've always worn flip flops year round. I say if the snow is not higher than the heel on your flip flop-you're good! She is going to be some type of designer probably-cutie!
Oh that is classic! My kids are true Africans (my oldest two sons were born there)---they HATE shoes! I mean HATE them :) They think they are a complete waste of time, and money!
Your sweet girl is just adorable---yes, she has a style all of her own :)
Absolutely precious!!! And guess what? I share quite a few of those Fashion rules, including the flip flops and that "tad bit" o'color.
Hugs and thank you so much for the prayers...
Ohilda
My three-year old would agree with most of those, except she would argue the opposite of #2...you can wear as FEW pieces of clothes, no matter what the weather and the opposite of #4...comfort is not necessary for bedtime comfort.
Love your blog...nice variety of posts and pictures. Your kids are older...I can learn from you!
Post a Comment