
That's was most people say. "I don't want to talk about it" and with that they just turn the other cheek. Adoption weighs heavy on my heart today. Why do people not want to face the fact that we are called to be His hands and feet. We are CALLED.
I just want to share a few facts with you-
1. There are between 135 and 142 MILLION orphans in the world.
2. Close to 90% of all pregnancies that have a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome are terminated. 90%!! And American doctors are still pushing termination.
3. Most orphans with disablilities in Eastern Europe with be sent to mental institutions around the age of 4. Most will not see their next birthday.
4. Another stat reads something like this- If every Christian family would adopt 1 child, there would be no more orphans. No more orphans! Okay, Christians!
So, my question is- whose responsibility is it to step up? Who is suppose to "Love Them Like Jesus"? Why should it be the other person's responsibility?
In Him,
E
7 comments:
Very good post.. Some just don't GET IT SISTER!
Awesome post!!
I am so glad you visited my site. Love your blogs :) This is a beautiful post.
This is so my heart too! The statistic that I keep hearing is that if ONLY 7% of the world's Christians would care for ONE orphan, there would essentially be no more orphans. ONLY 7%. Where is the church? These are God's children, and we are His bride...He has asked us to care for His children. Can we make a goal of reaching just 7% of Christians to walk this out? This is on my heart all the time. Good post!
It's in the Bible--as clear as daylight! If God says it, I believe it.
Great post, E.
Great post!
I'm praying for you! Where is the 2nd picture from? How heart breaking. I, too, have a heart to want to save a child (wish I could take them all home!) from E. Europe. I'm praying God will continue to work on my husband's heart.
Post a Comment