
And here it is after. Notice the difference?! All paperwork is now neatly stacked- HUGE accomplishment! And no, that's not what it looks like right now because I came home after a long day today with about 18 more pieces of paperwork to add to the every growing Mt. Homestudy. But, check marks are good and I am only lacking a few- yay!! The only pieces of the puzzle left to finish are our self-studies and doctor appointments for hubby and I.
Tomorrow I will send off FBI fingerprint cards and complete state fingerprints. I can then honestly say that ALL criminal checks will be complete! I know many of you are adoptive parents, but for those of you who aren't I just want to show you a sample list of the items that are required to BEGIN the adoption process. Thus the mountain forming on my kitchen table. Do you still wonder why it's called a paper pregnancy? You have to hurry up and gather all of these items only to wait and wait and wait for your child to come home.
1. Home Study Packet Checklist - International
2. Home Study Checklist/Instructions
3. Application
4. Home Study Agreement/Fee Schedule/Refund Policy
5. Child Abuse and Neglect Consent (16 and older)
6. Sexual Offender Registry Consent
7. Self-Studies
8. Employment Verification
9. Financial Form
10. Most Recent Federal Tax Return (Form 1040 pages 1 & 2)
11. Medical Reports- check with your placing agency to see if blood work is needed in addition to a TB test
10. Most Recent Federal Tax Return (Form 1040 pages 1 & 2)
11. Medical Reports- check with your placing agency to see if blood work is needed in addition to a TB test
12. Pediatrician Report and Immunization verification of children already in home
13. Health Insurance Card
13. Health Insurance Card
14. Criminal Checks
15. HIPPA Form and Criminal Check Acknowledgement
16. Arrest Disposition and Letter of Explanation (if applicable)
17. Federal Express Account Number
18. Birth Certificates for all family members in the home / Marriage Certificate / Divorce Decree / Death Certificate / Adoption Decree for all adopted children in the household (photocopies only)
19. Pet Vaccinations
20. Septic Tank Letter (if applicable)
21. Well Water Test (if applicable)
22. Address Form- all addresses since the age of 18
17. Federal Express Account Number
18. Birth Certificates for all family members in the home / Marriage Certificate / Divorce Decree / Death Certificate / Adoption Decree for all adopted children in the household (photocopies only)
19. Pet Vaccinations
20. Septic Tank Letter (if applicable)
21. Well Water Test (if applicable)
22. Address Form- all addresses since the age of 18
23. Hague adoptions require ten hours of Hague approved adoption training. We can assist you with this
24. Three Reference Letters
24. Three Reference Letters
25. Gun and Pool Safety Statement
We are still praying about a commitment. We feel like we should have a completed (or almost completed) homestudy before committing to anyone, but don't fret!! You will know when that commitment is made.
Psssttt..don't forget to vote. It still looks like t-shirts are in the lead.
In Him,
E

2 comments:
That paperwork will be done and forgotten before you know it. You will be amazed at how empty it is once all those papers are out of your hands and you no longer have control. Push through it, I promise there IS an end to the paperwork, even if it seems like it's never ending, lol.
LOOKS FAMILIAR!!! I had actually already forgotten all the things we had to gather for the home study, and we just did that in December! Once it was out of our hands, I forgot about so many details of everything. It really does get better soon. Hang in there! :)
Post a Comment