The Story Continues...

Thursday, September 24, 2009

So, you want to know?


I have been receiving email after email about our USCIS prints. "What's going on?!" you ask.


Well, hubby was finally able to meet with the USCIS officer yesterday due to flooding and such. The outcome of the meeting was....WE'RE APPROVED!!! Nathan (the officer) said to expect our approval in the mail tomorrow or early next week. So, I guess we are kind of unofficially approved.


Not only did we get the approval only one week after learning about Ruslana's eminent transfer, but guess what I found in my mailbox today? Our mortgage letter!! The letter that I was sure we weren't going to be able to get because our mortgage company had gone under and we're sort of in limbo. WOOHOO!! YAY GOD!


And I want to say something about this USCIS approval thing- an average approval waiting time is anywhere from 45-90 days. 45-90 DAYS, people!! Not 7. So again I say, YAY GOD!!


I guess it's about time to begin thinking about packing, making lists, making food to freeze and learning another language. The girls and I have been trying to focus on Ruslana's country and learning more about her culture and the language. HA- you should hear that! The poor girl- we are going to be trying to say things in her native tongue and she'll think we are speaking Chinese!


In all seriousness, I have written before about how people think we are "so wonderful" to be doing what we're doing. I want to make it clear once again that this is not us. This not about us. This is not something we have just chosen to do. Yes, we were the ones that had to say the word "yes" in order to move forward with committing to both our new angel boy and Ruslana, but neither of the decisions were made alone. Only through God did we come to a place of peace about each of our commitments. And we are not wonderful. Our journey is absolutely, 100% God's journey. We are living our lives through HIM (most of the time...:). There is no way we would be or could be where we are today without Him.


God is awesome and not a day goes by when I don't stand in awe of His works in our lives.

In Him,

E
*PS- I didn't find the picture in the post until my entire post was written. God is perfect.

3 comments:

Holly said...

well my "un-wonderful" friend,
I love your heart for God...that you want what HE wants for you even more than what you want for yourself.
Love His heart for the little ones without parents...look at the wonders He has done!

Angie said...

God is indeed awesome and when we follow His plans, the blessings are so abundant!! Can't wait to follow your journey to your beautiful daughter.

Keisha said...

Amen Sister!!! That is a God thing.. for sure!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your awesome news!
How is that little pumpkin doing?